Dental implants are an increasingly popular tooth-restoration treatment that can provide those with missing and severely decayed teeth with a natural-looking replacement. Offering a stronger, more robust, and longer-lasting solution, many of our patients prefer dental implants over removable dentures and dental bridges. In fact, many of our patients come to us to have their removable dentures replaced by dental implants. Simply said, dental implants are a comfortable, convenient, and permanent tooth-replacement treatment that will last you a lifetime.
What makes dental implants the strongest and most stable treatment currently available? The biological process of osseointegration helps to explain the solidity and durability of dental implants.
When combined with dental implants, the process of osseointegration is what allows Dr. Irwin to provide you a permanent tooth-replacement solution superior to traditional alternatives like removable dentures and dental bridges.
A dental implant is a titanium insert that is installed along the jawbone and is capable of holding one or more replacement teeth, known as dental prostheses. The surface of the implant is porous, covered by tiny holes. As it turns out, your jawbone biologically regenerates bone tissue to repair damage and strengthen the jaw. As this tissue is produced, it is weaved through the porous surface of the dental implant. Osseointegration essentially integrates the dental implant into your jawbone as if it were another part of your body!
The strength and stability offered by dental implants, thanks to osseointegration, is unmatched by any other current tooth-replacement solution. Dental implants are a tooth-restoration treatment that will last a lifetime. The very first implant patients enjoyed his dental implants for over 40 years!
Dental Implants in La Habra, CA
We find that our patients often prefer dental implants over alternative treatments for a number of reasons, including:
- Dental implants take the place of natural tooth roots and they are currently the most reliable tooth-replacement treatment available.
- Dental implants are stable and may actually improve the strength of your bite, allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods.
- Permanent, dental implants never need to be removed for cleaning, maintenance, or eating. Neither are there any special cleaning instructions for implants. Regularly brush and floss, just like natural teeth. It is also recommended that you schedule routine check-ups with Dr. Irwin.
- Dental implants hold one or more dental prosthesis, or permanent replacement teeth. Your prostheses will look and feel just like natural teeth!
- Dental implants can help stop and reverse gum recession and jawbone deterioration.
- Removable dentures tend to become ill-fitting over time and may cause gum irritation. Dental implants are permanent and long-lasting.
- Dental bridges require the grinding down of healthy adjacent teeth to accommodate the bridge. Dental implants do not require the damaging of healthy teeth.
Furthermore, the dental implants procedure is safe and predictable. The success rate for dental implants placement is estimated to be at an astonishing 95–98 percent! Irwin Dentistry makes sure to use the latest medical technology to ensure the highest quality treatment for our patients.
Schedule a Dental Implants Consultation in La Habra, CA
There is no tooth-replacement treatment that is more reliable, as long-lasting, or as robust as dental implants. Many of our patients, in fact, often seek to replace their removable dentures with dental implants because of the greater comfort and convenience. If you are missing teeth or are suffering from tooth decay, contact Irwin Dentistry in La Habra, CA to schedule your FREE, no-obligation dental implants consultation with Dr. Irwin.